Now, anyone with an Enterprise plan can enable HIPAA-compliant features on their account at an additional cost.
It’s easy to get set up:
1. Upgrade to Enterprise.
2. Enter into our Business Associate Agreement.
3. We’ll turn on additional privacy safeguards compliant with HIPAA security requirements.
In addition to offering powerful survey tools, we help covered entities meet their HIPAA obligations with:
– The ability to easily enter into a Business Associate Agreement with SurveyMonkey
– Administrative, physical and technical safeguards consistent with HIPAA requirements
– Alert messages to remind end users of their HIPAA obligations and warn them when they share protected health information (PHI)
– Logs of account activity
– 30-minute session timeouts for added security
Our standard business associate agreement (BAA) meets the requirements of HIPAA, making it easy for covered entities to bring SurveyMonkey on board as a business associate and to enable HIPAA-compliant features on their SurveyMonkey account. For a fee, you can also negotiate a custom BAA with us that fits your internal compliance requirements.
Customers can preview and sign a BAA in My Account. For more detailed instructions, click here.
SurveyMonkey maintains appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to provide for the continuing security of your PHI.
Different types of covered entities use surveys for different purposes. Examples include:
– Collecting patient feedback data
– Collecting patient registration information
– Conducting CAHPS surveys
– Performing medical research with questions from SurveyMonkey Question Bank
– Gathering data on mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets
– Accreditation and compliance
– Measuring patient and hospital safety culture
In addition to ensuring we fulfill our duties as a business associate, we designed additional safeguards for our HIPAA-enabled accounts to help covered entities comply with their own HIPAA obligations. For example, end users will receive alert messages if they attempt to share PHI with third parties. We log account activity. And HIPAA-enabled accounts automatically sign out when they’re idle.
SurveyMonkey gives anyone in your organization the ability to create surveys, while allowing your organization to own its data, manage users, and simplify billing for multiple accounts. HIPAA-compliant features are available to customers to give them an additional way to safeguard the security of protected health information they collect through online surveys.
Want to know what your customers are saying about you? Customer satisfaction surveys can help you find out what people think of your company, get feedback on customer service, and more.Visit Page
When you listen to your employees, you can make decisions that build a happier workplace. Find out how employees really feel about their jobs. Get the feedback you need to keep them happy.Visit Page
Organizing an event is tough work. Who’s coming? What’s their schedule? Event surveys can give you a clearer picture. When you’re done, get post-event feedback to improve for next time.Visit Page
Here are some ideas to ensure that respondents will answer your surveys.
If your survey is short and sweet, there's a greater chance that more respondents will complete it.
Little incentives like small discount or an entry into a drawing can help ensure respondents complete your survey.
With SurveyMonkey Audience, you can purchase access to an audience who meets specific demographic criteria for your survey. It's a great way to get targeted responses from a specific group.